As we mentioned in the article about concoctions, sometimes solvents are used in magick. This is a recipe and sample spell for wishing bubbles.
We’re not sure exactly where this started. It’s just something we learned to do as children that stayed relevant into adulthood. In fact, you can make this more fun for young witchlings by making bigger batches with colors and different shapes of loops.
You will need:
- a wire bent into a loop with a handle, or an “open” pendant of shape relevant to your wish
- a bowl and a spoon or appropriate means of stirring
- 7 teaspoons fresh water, preferably rain water or water from a stream or spring
- 2 teaspoons of an environmentally friendly liquid detergent
- 1/2 teaspoon honey if the wish is for love or prosperity, dates syrup if it is for luck, maple syrup if for money or healing, grenadine for lust/sex or hunting…basically use a syrup that corresponds to your wish
- up to 5 drops of essential oils or extracts whose properties correspond with your wish, plus a drop of either vanilla or tonka bean extract
- Prepare your altar and open the ceremony.
- Call on your deities, and thank them for their blessings thusfar.
- Ask them to open the way for your wish to come true.
- Pass your bowl and stirrer through the smoke of incense or vapor, or through the warmth of your candle(s).
- Mindfully add the ingredients to the bowl.
- Gently stir them, and as you do, carefully pass them through the smoke, vapor or warmth again.
- Speak your wish into loop or hollow part of the pendant.
- Dip and blow some bubbles at your altar.
- Take the bowl and your loop outside.
- Speak your wish through the loop, dip, and blow bubbles until you run out of solution. (You won’t run out completely. Don’t worry about this.) Have fun with this. The joy adds to the energy.
- Return indoors and close the ceremony.
Rinse and clean your bowl and loop. You can use these again.
The idea behind wishing bubbles is that they are carried by the wind until they burst into explosions of energy. It adds an element of fun and lightheartedness that prevents blockages. At the same time, it breaks through existing barriers like cute little bombs, and may be more effective in situations where people are feeling hopeless, desperate, or just taking things to a heavy place that they don’t belong.
This does not mean that you or a spiritual counselor shouldn’t try to solve some of the underlying problem of them dragging things down. It’s just sometimes people need some blessings to break the cycle. A bubble is a breaking sphere. It will bring the energy of breaking them out of their bubble or breaking internal barriers.
This sort of spell can also be used to “burst someone’s bubble” in other ways. Some problematic people are causing trouble for others with their selfishness or self centered mentality. This can solve that very well.
Blessings and Ase!
Order a bone reading from Sheloya to find out what the Spirits have to say about your future.
Latest posts by Sheloya (see all)
- Connecting to Deity Supplement: A Sampling of Universal Perspectives - October 11, 2017
- Basic Meditation and Preparatory Breathing - August 30, 2017
- Daily Observance Ritual for Witches - August 21, 2017