Sometimes in the summer or when they have a fever, people have a loss of appetite and upset stomach, or general discomfort from being too hot. This helps to cool them off and make their insides feel more comfortable. Be aware that it can make loose bowels worse, so don’t give it to someone who already has a problem with that. This is based on some well used Indian recipes. Start this the day before you want to serve it.
- 1 teaspoon edible almond gum (badam pisin) powder
- 2 cups of water
- a few leaves of fresh mint
- a half a lemon, sliced
- honey or stevia herb to taste
- an additional 2 cups of water, or well crushed ice
- Mix the almond gum powder with 2 cups of water in a container, cover it and let it set for 24 hours.
- Put the lemon and mint in a large jar.
- Pour over enough boiling water to cover the lemon.
- Add enough honey or stevia to make it sweet enough.
- Let it cool.
- Strain the liquid into a tall glass.
- Get your almond gum and strain out the excess liquid.
- Add this to the lemonade, and stir.
- Refrigerate or add some crushed ice, and then serve it with your love.
Now we get to a potion that is more recognizable as a potion…
This is a general healing potion that basically boosts the immune system and helps the body to heal or recover from illness faster. This is very old fashioned, but very effective.
- a liter of vinegar
- 1 entire head of garlic with the root end sliced off
- a handful of dried helichrysum arenarum
- a handful of non toxic pine needles
- Put the herbs in a jar.
- Bring the vinegar to a rolling boil then turn it off and let it cool until it is warm but not cold-cold.
- Pour the vinegar over the herbs and cover it loosely while it cools completely.
- Tighten the cap and let it set in a cool, dark place for at least 6 weeks.
When you want to use it, strain some of it into a smaller bottle. The person should take one or two teaspoons every day until they are better.