Potions are basically water and/or alcohol based liquids used in magick. This is a selection of a few of my potions that are good for beginners. I try to keep the ingredients fairly accessible in that you can find most of these at the grocery, pharmacy, or health foods store.
If you can find one, you should purchase an iron cauldron that has three or four legs that are high enough to put three tealight candles under it. It takes about that much to get any liquid in it hot or boiling in a reasonable amount of time.
Remember that these potions should be consecrated and blessed for their corresponding deities. Traditions vary in this, and you should follow whichever one you’re practicing. It is recommended that you be reasonably observant to your deities before attempting to make potions and the like.
This will improve your looks and keep you looking young for as long as your genes will allow and beyond. It combines a bit of old herbal medicine, and a bit of new nutritional science. Drink this twice a week. Set a reminder for Tuesday and Saturday, for example.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 2 egg yolks (bless your eggs with your fertility Goddess)
- 1 gram dried Roman chamomile if you are under 25 or 1 gram dried helichrysum arenarum if you are over 25
- Make a tea (preferably in your cauldron) from the water and chamomile by heating the water until it is just boiling, adding the chamomile, and removing it from the heat. Let this settle and cool.
- Put your egg yolks in the bottom of a pretty wine glass, and beat them well.
- Mix in the honey, and then the orange juice, and the liquid of your tea.
- Drink up. This does not keep for long.
Simple Love Potion
This will not force someone to love you, but it will ease the way to their expressing it if love is there. This is based on an old, well known recipe.
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 drop of rose or orange flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Put your milk and honey in the cauldron, pot, or warmer.
- Give your intent to the coriander. It helps to hold it in your hand for a moment and speak to it.
- Add the vanilla and flavoring with intent.
- Stir and heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Serve this to your lover. It’s very nice to serve this in a drinking bowl or wide cup with a few fresh rose petals floating in it.
This potion is helpful to achieve a reasonably relaxed and open state that is good for meditation and trance. It uses old standard ingredients that are known to work well for this purpose. Some may wish to add a little vodka or another clear liquor, while others may wish to avoid this.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 heaping teaspoon blue lotus
- 1 heaping teaspoon hibiscus
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender
- honey or stevia to taste
Boil the herbs for 20 minutes, and then sweeten with honey or stevia to your taste.