You will need to make a batch of hawthorn berry syrup, or purchase some. There is a good recipe for spiced rosehip and hawthorn berry syrup at The Village Witch. The addition of rosehips and cinnamon won’t take anything away from this potion. Just remember that hawthorn berry seeds are deadly. Only the pulp of the fruit is safe.
- 1/4 cup raw chocolate nibs
- the insides of 1 vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, hot red chili pepper, or hot paprika or a tablespoon crushed hot red pepper
- 2 cups of honey or silan
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of hawthorn berry syrup
- 1/2-1 cup of rum
- Put the water in a pot, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla, and pepper, bring it to a boil again.
- Simmer and stir until it is reduced by half.
- Strain the solids out, and then return the liquid to the pot.
- Add the honey or silan, and bring it to a boil again.
- Simmer until it thickens up again.
- Add the hawthorn berry syrup, and stir it in well.
- Allow it to cool.
- Stir in the rum.
- Transfer to a sterilized jar or bottle.
This should keep well unrefrigerated, but always give a smell beforehand, and check for mold and the like.
Take a good sized tablespoon of this about an hour before the fun begins.
Ceremonially, you want to call on your Gatekeeper and your Virility deity for this one. Add Fertility if you’re attempting to make a baby.
- 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullsh** | High Existence - November 4, 2017
- Connecting to Deity Supplement: A Sampling of Universal Perspectives - October 11, 2017
- Basic Meditation and Preparatory Breathing - August 30, 2017