When these Scottish, Irish, and English settlers arrived, they combined their traditional practices with Native American knowledge about flowers, berries, roots, and leaves native to Appalachia. Settlers from Germany and people of African descent also shared their wisdom about rituals and natural remedies. Out of this large melting pot was born a uniquely American faith tradition practiced mostly by familial matriarchs.
“Granny magic” or “granny witchcraft” represents one flavor.
- Why Witch Hunts are not just a Dark Chapter from the Past September 25, 2023
- The History of the zodiac and astrology – Ophiuchus, the forgotten star sign September 7, 2023
- Appalachian Folk Magic: Generations of “Granny Witchcraft” and Spiritual Work August 19, 2023
- The Oldest Creation Myths from the East of Europe and their Origins July 15, 2023
- YONI STEAM PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION – YONI STEAM INSTITUTE July 12, 2023